Visits comfort patients, families and friends. GMH offers unrestricted visiting hours but we ask that you please follow these guidelines:
- Individual patients may have special needs. Please check with the nurse for any restrictions.
- Hospital patients need rest. Please keep your visits brief.
- Only two visitors per patient are recommended at one time.
- Children must be with an adult visitor.
- All visitors should feel well and be free of any illness (no rashes, colds, fevers, sore throats and/or other communicable disease).
- Please wash your hands or use antiseptic gel before and after visiting.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatment.
- Be respectful of other patients’ needs when visiting.
- Smoking is not allowed.
Patients placed in Isolation Rooms may have visitors but visitors must comply with the hospital’s Infection Control policies and procedures. Isolation Rooms have signs posted at the room entrance. Please ask a nurse to help you before you enter an Isolation Room for the first time. Once you have learned the procedure, you may enter and exit on your own as long as you follow the procedures taught to you by the nursing staff.
Gifts for Patients
- Please check with the nurse before bringing food or drinks to patients.
- Latex balloons are not allowed.
- Gifts and cards are available at our Gift Shop.
The GMH Gift Shop is located just inside the main entrance of Guttenberg Hospital. It carries merchandise for people of all ages. The Gift Shop is staffed by volunteers and proceeds are used to purchase equipment for the hospital.
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Baby gifts including handmade quilts and afghans
- Fantastic jewelry selection
- Unique commemorative newspapers
- Seasonal items
For information or to order by phone, call the GMH Gift Shop at (563) 252-1121, ext. 1353. You may also contact our Gift Shop manager at (563) 252-1121, ext. 1349, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flowers from area florists will be delivered to patients by hospital personnel.
Wireless internet is available throughout GMH. This complimentary network access is separate from the hospital’s secure internal network. No password is required.
Sending Cards or Mail to Patients
Please address mail to:
Guttenberg Municipal Hospital
ATTN: Patient’s Name
200 Main Street
P.O. Box 550
Guttenberg, IA 52052-0550
Visitors are welcome to use the dining area in the hospital lobby on the first floor. It features a coffee counter and vending machines for soda and snacks. There is also a vending machine in the surgical waiting area on the second floor.
Hot meals, cold sandwiches, desserts and snacks may be purchased from the hospital kitchen just east of the lobby from 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. To order or for more information, dial extension 1341.
Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
An ATM is located in the hospital lobby on the first floor for your convenience. It is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Guttenberg Municipal Hospital has a chapel located near the Emergency Department on the first floor. It is open to you and your visitors at all times.