To ensure GMHC does not contribute to additional risk of exposure to the virus for our colleagues, physicians, patients and the communities we serve, effective immediately, GMHC will not participate in or hold external community events. This includes events within any of our facilities or within the community.
This action follows CDC guidelines to limit gatherings which could unintentionally put colleagues, patients and our community members at risk. These guidelines are in effect until at least April 15 and will be reassessed at that time.
The most important thing for residents to do is to continue the prevention measures they would use for any respiratory virus.
• Avoid close contact to people who are sick.
• Clean your hands frequently with soap and water, keeping your hands away from your face.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow or upper arm.
• Contain germs by staying home when ill.
• CDC and IDPH do not recommend face masks for the general public who are well.
For the most current information about the novel coronavirus, visit IDPH.